Transferring transaction to new company

Options
Menka
Menka Member Posts: 1
We have just bought a business who uses Reckon Accounts Premium Edition 2015 and I was wanting to know how to transfer all the outstanding creditor and debtor invoices across, transaction by transaction?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Menka,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Reckon Accounts Business does not have a utility to export transactions.

You can export Reports to an Excel or CSV file.  A report that will give you open invoices and open bills with full item detail is a Custom Transaction Detail Report filtered for Invoices/Bills with the Paid Status set to Open.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Gail_7822539
    Gail_7822539 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Options

HI John

I can export customer transactions from old data file but reckon does not allow me to import the transactions into new company file.  It is also not included in iif lists.  Anyway you can help rather than enter in all sales/purchase invoices again

Regards

Gail

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Gail

So what are you transferring them across to?  Are you transferring them to another Reckon accounts program, MYOB what?  If it is to another Reckon program and better, you can upgrade and keep the existing file.
  • Gail_7822539
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kim

No it is still QuickBooks just a new data file. 

• Gail_7822539
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It allows me to export (in excel) the customer transactions but not import them into the new data file
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Gail

Reckon allows import of excel, file, import, excel... if you export transactions they will import the same if you are using the same program or better.
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Gail

This is a bit of a dark art, but I can transfer transactions and balances from an old file to a new file.  Give me a call and I can go through what's involved.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Gail_7822539
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Graham

My collegue Jan will call you as I am only at that workplace on the weekends where as she is there during the week. 

Gail