Remote Access Desktop Version of Reckon Accounts Premier

Cindi Lou
Cindi Lou Member Posts: 9
edited January 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi all,

I am sure some of you might know the answer to this. 

I would like to remote access my client's QB files via the internet. I do connect when I am in their office (due to the router being there etc etc) but I would like to sit in my office and remote access these files rather than travelling to the client's premises.

Any help as to what programs are required or if Reckon does have a program that does this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Cindi.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Cindi,
    If you use the Microsoft remote desktop connection you can do this. You will probably need an IT guy to set it up.
    Otherwise you can look at putting the client onto Reckon Accounts Hosted, or even use something like TeamViewer or Go To Assist to login to that computer?
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Janelle Knight
    Janelle Knight Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2019
    Hi too Cindi,
    I agree with Sally, use Microsoft or similar.  I am commenting however, just to say, DON'T put it on Reckon Hosted.   It's slow, slow, slow and I believe cumbersome and expensive.  One user licence for hosted is $42.00 a month.  We had 6 data files on hosted and I removed them all and use stand alone now on desktop.  We kept one data file hosted and had to pay the $42 each month for that one, so have dropped it off too as it really wasn't worth it to us.  
    My thoughts, but I felt I should share if you haven't experienced the hosted thing.
    Best of luck.
    Janelle
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Cindi

Call me on 0408994799 and I can provide some help on this.  Remote connections, and communications is one of my key areas of helping APs of Reckon

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
    independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • Cindi Lou
    Cindi Lou Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2016
    Hi all and thanks for your advice/recommendation/input.

I cannot believe it has taken me nearly a year to set up remote access. I decided to add extra information here in case anyone else is experiencing the same problems as me.

I finally ended up using Teamviewer (VPN access) but still cannot open the QBW file.

Not sure why Reckon is not letting me to open the company file, considering when I sit in the office I am able to open the company file.

Any advice on what to check/change in "firewall" as I am receiving the "firewall error message"?

Additional info: Sometimes Teamviewer VPN connection states it is a Public/Work Network whilst my firewall rules in Microsoft Firewall are set to Private.

Any techies here can tell me do I need to go to the relevant rule in"Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and check all options in Advanced (Tab) or just tick the "public" checkbox? :)

Cheers, Cindi