Installed Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 but now will not work as licence file is corrupted

Options
cloughie
cloughie Member Posts: 4

Installed personal plus 2016 on Windows 8.1 laptop and  has worked fine until now when I get message saying my licence file is corrupted and to call Reckon.   They suggested that I get onto this site to get an answer as she thought it was a technical problem.

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Is the user community now technical support for RPP !!

I really think that a corrupt licence file should be handled by Reckon. I would expect that the solution is to delete the licence file and install a new key. The only way to do this may be to:

1. make a backup copy of your qdata files

2. uninstall RPP via Control Panel ( which should not delete the data files)

3. re-install RPP from the download file of CD

4. Run RPP and apply the new licence string.

The question that should be answered is why did the licence file get corrupted in the first place, as RPP is the only program that uses it.

Sounds like a bug in RPP to me.

John

• cloughie
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thank you -

I will try it out later

• cloughie
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hasn't made any difference except that the file is no longer coming up that it is corrupted but installation key code provided does not work - can only guess that because I have already registered once before it won't let me do it again.   I shall try Reckon again on their help line.

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi cloughie,

You can call Reckon Customer Service 1800 732 566 to check your installation key code.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• cloughie
    edited November 2015
    Options

thank you.   I have been in touch and found out that the initial key code provided as per the letter I had with the CD provided was for 2015 version.  The correct code has now been installed and now up and running.

Regards