Leave Accruals

Options
Sheree_6958471
Sheree_6958471 Member Posts: 25
We have a payroll item called "Workers Comp". This is used to track workers comp hours and show they employee what they have been paid for. 

The only problem is that the hours entered in for "Workers Comp" are being deducted from the employees RDO accruals.  I can not see why this is happening, and it shouldn't be happening. 

Any suggestions ? We use Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2015 - desktop.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Sheree.  It sounds like somebody has set up a special leave type called RDO.  Then, when setting up the payroll item for "workers comp" it seems that it has been inadvertently classified as being RDO hours.  To my understanding, once a payroll item has been set up incorrectly by specifying the wrong type of hours, there is no ability to go and edit the payroll item.  What you then have to do is to make this item inactive (you cannot delete it if has already been used in pay runs as is your case) and then create a new item, making sure that it is set up correctly.  That should fix your problem.  John L G
  • Nadine
    Nadine Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi John
    Interestingly I have a Workers Comp payroll item set up also and when I use mine, it deducts LSL from the employees, which of course always goes into a negative because LSL isnt being accrued.
    I have looked at the set up for both items and can't see where the links would be. You mentioned in your reply above that it has to do with the leave type settings. Where do you find these to fix them?
  • Muhammad Irfan
    Muhammad Irfan Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi there,

I am wondering, how print accrual leave report from hire date to the date employee quit the job and how to process once its paid. Could you please help me with that. I am new to hosted reckon 2017.
  • Nadine
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Muhammad
    Sorry I don't actually use Hosted, so I am not the best person to help, as I only use desktop software at this stage. Maybe someone else on here may be able to assist you.
    Regards
    Nadine
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Nadine, 
    During the setup of a new leave item, one of the step which is a one off event it ask you which leave item it connect to and once you made the selection you can not change it anymore.  
    the bottom line is the workers Compo item is a wrong setup and can not be fixed, its best for you to make a proper new payroll item which is not a leave type item, this will fix the issue. ?
  • Nadine
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Jay Jay, Is there a list which will show me what has been set up for leave items, because when I look at the payroll items we have set up, nothing identifies them as leave items, other than what is obviously known as leave.