Error Code - (-6000,-301) and Error Code -301) Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Jen N Trev
Jen N Trev Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am hoping I can get some help please. I have Reckon Accounts, Plus 2014 version. I am having trouble opening my company file - it comes up with unable to open company file, change the file name (in which I did), but it still wont open. The error codes that are coming up is Error code - :80070057 and also Error code - (-6000,-301), I have even tried just restoring my back up file, but again I receive these error codes. Can anyone help me please. I am desperate.

Comments

• Jen N Trev
    edited January 2016
    I am also getting an error code 80070057
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Jen N Trev

a)  not sure what operating system you're running
    b)  and whether there have been any updates recently to the operating syste,
    c)  or if you have an Anti-Virus program taht is blocking access.  (What is referred to as a 'false positive.... ie:  it is thinking that the QBW file is suspect, and blocking acccess after a otherwise positive result of checking the content....

Whilst more info and clues are presented,  try to 'move't he ENVIRONMENT issues, consider
    1.  disconnecting from the internet for a moment (so you are safe...)
    2.  THEN stop your Anti-Virus program
    3.  THEN try something simpler, like just starting Reckon Accounts 2014 PLUS, and try to create a TEST company with a TEST name.....    

That can throw some light on whether you are being blocked, or some other reason is prevenint a simple task of making a data file (qbw file,   even just a 'test' one.)

If you start to discover there is some ENVIRONMENT matter,  be sure to have your AV still running again before exposing yourself to email or the internet!.

Go through the checklist of questions at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/6-ways-to-gain-best-reckon-community-support-around-the-c...

Try the ideas from KB articles like:  
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/error_code_6010_0

Once AV is running and back on the air with internet,  use GOGGLE to search for articles like:

"Reckon Accounts 2014 Plus  error -6000,-301 WIn XX"   substituting YOUR operating system ie: Win7  Win 8  win 10.   Such searches will lead you to a number of articles that have that same ERROR.  Repeat for the other error number:   80070057.

Also:  Make sure you have enough disk space free, on the system disks (C:) and the DATA drive (wherever your QBW file(s) are stored).

Some food for thought, whilst your symptoms are clarified a little more.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Jen N Trev
    edited January 2016
    Hi Gary,  Thanks for your reply.  I am running Windows 10 and I can open an older company file, but not later files. I accidentally saved my company file to the external drive and the connection was lose.  I have a feeling that this has caused the file I need to corrupt.  How can I get the corrupt file to work? I have entered quite bit of data and dread that I would have to re-enter all of the data again.

Thanks again. :)

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    So you say you can read 'older' company files.
    Yet in your first forum message you say you have trouble reading restored files.

i would doubt that you can create a backup file, if you can't get into a live file in the first place to make such backups.  SO, I'm confused by the two seemingly conflicting stories here.  

So. how many backups have you got, and be very careful about the folder and name chosen when restoring files, so that you DO NOT OVERWRITE any other copies of the live files (even the ones that appear suspect at the moment).

You may have to go back to the most recent, readable backup, and restore it as a really new name (say with a recovery date as part of the name to track it easier).  Then see if you can open that restored QBW.

Gary