Issue with import of transactions.

Rebecca Thompson
Rebecca Thompson Member Posts: 4
I am using Reckon Accounts Personal 2013 on Windows 10. When I import transactions from the bank, the transactions no longer appear in the Download Transactions window waiting for acceptance. Transactions are immediately written and no renaming rules are applied so they go in directly as per the bank statement. Therefore I have to manually adjust each transaction because there is no categorisation etc and I also have to skip the Scheduled Bill or Deposit. Alternatively I accept the Scheduled Bill or Deposit and remove the extra line that was created from the import. This is taking me forever. Help please.

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

What you described is not the way it should be happening.

When you import the file the Downloaded Transactions window may be minimised.  When you expand it there is a button to Accept All close by.  If that is clicked then all the transactions will be entered without any prompts for modifications or additional information.

Please test your import in a test file.  Do you hae the same experience?

You can check your datafile for errors by clicking on File > File Operations > Validate.  then super-Validate by repeating this step and holding down the Ctrl key as you click on Validate again.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Patrick McDonald
    Patrick McDonald Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2016
    I have a different although similar problem.  When I import a months transactions and assign to a particular account all seems well.  But when I try to reconcile that months transactions Reckon says the are no uncleared transactions available.  The procedure I follow used to work but not recently.  I'm running Personal Plus 2015 and Windows 10.
  • Rebecca Thompson
    edited February 2016
    The download transactions windows is not minimised and is not being populated at all so the option to Accept All is greyed out.  I have tried your suggestion for validating the data and re-attempted the import but I get the same result.  The same thing happens if I try to import my file into the sample data file.
  • Rebecca Thompson
    edited February 2016
    That is a completely different issue and you might be best creating your own issue to get it resolved.
  • Rebecca Thompson
    edited February 2016
    This is still an outstanding issue if anyone has any further suggestions to fix.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rebecca,

The next step is to uninstall and reinstall Reckon Accounts Personal.

Please follow this sequence:
    1. Uninstall Reckon Accounts Personal 2013
    2. Insert the installation disk and cancel any autorun screen that opens.
    3. Through File Explorer go to the CD/DVD drive and the folder HAB and then Disk1
    4. On the file  ISSetup.exe  right-click it and select Run As Administrator.
    5. When installed, right-click the desktop launch icon > Properties > Compatibility, and tick the option Run this program as an Administrator.
    6. Launch Reckon Accounts Personal.
    If the installation fails because an installation of Reckon Accounts Personal was still detected, download and install a 3rd Party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller (this is a free download and available at http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html).  Use it to check for and remove all Reckon Accounts Personal installations found.  Then try again.

regards,
    John