Error code 6147,0

Tracey_8070364
Tracey_8070364 Member Posts: 1
Since updating to Bitdefender Total Security 2016 I've not been able to access Reckon Accounts Accounting: Small Business Edition 2014.   I get the message: "This is not a Reckon Accounts data file or there is a problem with the data file.  .... Error codes (-6147,0).   I go through all sets to  "allow" it from Bitdefender Ransomware Protection and Blocked Applications but still get the error message.    I've contacted Bitdefender, but no response.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Tracey.  I have BitDefender running on two computers and I don't have this problem, so I doubt that it has anything to do with that program, but seeing as how it only happened when updating to the 2016 version, perhaps it has.
    You haven't told us what operating system you are using, so we are very limited in how we might respond.
    I don't know if this will help you, but here is a link to the Reckon Knowledge Base which deals with this problem when using Reckon Hosted.  See it that might have anything to do with your problem.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3569
    Have you spoken to Reckon Support about this error?
    John L G
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Tracey,

Have a look at this KB - it has a different error message but it does outline two common issues that can arise when you update security systems.  One is the need to make the communications port an exception to your blocking rules and the other is that the QBDataServiceUser may have lost full control  to the Reckon Accounts folders.  

The reference to "This is not a Reckon Accounts data file" is also a warning that your company file may be corrupt, so if other steps do not work you may have to restore a backup.  You can test by restoring a backup to a different name (so that you do not overwrite your main file) and see if it encounters any errors.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.  
  • Colin Nuske
    Colin Nuske Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    I'm a mug with computers but I also have Bitdefender Total security 2018 and when it automatically updated and after restarting my computer I could not open any of my 6 Quickbooks Plus 2012/2013 company files and got this (-6147,0) error message. Although the QBk app was not blocked an Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine app was blocked in Bitdefender and by allowing this not to be blocked the company files all opened again with no problems. Bitdefender in my opinion is very zealous in blocking and protecting files, folders in default mode. I hope this helps if some one with little computer expertise has a similar problem. Colin