Quicken 2006 Personal backups

Options
Reginald Venaglia
Reginald Venaglia Member Posts: 2
Been using Quicken Personal 2006 for 9 years. Recently upgraded from Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit to Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit and in the process lost my Windows 7 installation and cannot recover it.
Created a dual boot of Windows 10 and Windows 7 then using my 2006 installation key installed Quicken Personal 2006 into Windows 7.
Contacted Quicken Australia who supplied a new licence key which allowed me to run the program and pick up the last recorded backup file. All was well and displayed as before.
When I attempted to create a new backup file received a message saying "Sorry for inconvenience but Quicken has to close or similar".
Contacted Quicken Australia who advise Version 2006 no longer supported. Suggested try the community.
Is there some way to obtain a reliable backup file now. Don't wish to upgrade to 2016.
Thanks Reg.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Reginald,
    Welcome to the Community!

A couple of things to try here

Firstly, try renaming your backup file to no more than 8 characters and try again

Secondly, where are you saving your backup? It's best to save it to a destination such as your Desktop or C Drive

Let us know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Reginald Venaglia
    Reginald Venaglia Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What a pleasant surprise to receive help so quickly.
    Shortening the backup files to 8 characters worked.
    Can even backup to my second internal drive which
    is what I always did before.
    Many thanks.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Great to hear Reginald! :)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.