reckon accounts plus 2015 wont respond after sleep mode

john_8164166
john_8164166 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
windows 10 platform

every time i sleep the computer and have reckon active it wont respond after waking up.

if i close it and try it wont start the company file

i have to reboot every time to start reckon 2015

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    1. 2015 time to upgrade.
    2. What is the need to have it open while in sleep mode? (maybe handy to be able to do with laptop on the go)

Resolution: Don't do that.

There is no practical reason to do that. Considering the software base code i think is from 2007, I could only imagine why it fails to respond, also it may have nothing to do with the software itself maybe the hardware on your PC is not responding after coming out of sleep mode.
  • john_8164166
    john_8164166 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    lol

firstly it is a laptop.. and any program should not have an issue with being hibernated or put in sleep mode.

laptop is often put in sleep mode, they all do it.

lol to hardware not coming out of sleep..  i dont think you know what your saying..  hardware is not put to sleep in sleep mode, the programs (ie: software) are shut down, windows and many other programs still run in the background..  windows 10 still update and restart automatically in sleep mode.

man.. what are you talking about??? every other program thats running, all work perfectly coming out of sleep mode.  as for Reckon... it doesnt work at all..

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    APCI has 6 sleep states in Windows 10, all to do with power management of hardware. States S1 to S3 are sleep mode (S2 and S3 are activated by a timer from S1 State) S4 is hibernation each state power downs your hardware, you can check which hardware support which state with the following command powercfg /devicequery /?

As for Reckon not responding, that will not be fixed in a patch for the 2015 version.

So the fix is, task manager > end task or turn sleep mode off if you must leave RA open.

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited April 2016

I personally have not liked sleep mode for years. Many times computer fails to wake up correctly from sleep.

Seems a particular problem if Windows goes to sleep while installing updates. I have seen this issue with Windows 7, 8 and 10

I have a laptop. I just don't use sleep. It can be disabled as follows:
    Same procedure for desktop and laptop

Control Panel - Power Options
    To the right of your highlighted power plan, click "Change Plan Settings"
    Change "Put Computer to Sleep" to "Never"
    Can leave "Turn off the display" as is, change this if preferred
    Save Changes
    The screen will go off after the specified time,
    computer will keep running, will not sleep.
    As soon as you hit a key or move mouse, screen comes on instantly

• josef Smith
    josef Smith Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017

Here is how to Set Windows 10 to Never Sleep Mode

1 – Press windows key + i to open settings panel.

2 – In the popped up system panel, click on system.

3 – Now, in the left menu panel, click on power & sleep.

4 – In right side in sleep section, just click on timing options and select never from dropdown.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/windows-10-never-sleep-mode/