CYBG PLC Demerger

MrFoxhound13 .
MrFoxhound13 . Member Posts: 1
How do I handle the demerger of CYBG PLC from NAB in Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016

Comments

• Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

I entered a return on capital to NAB of the amount my CYBG shares cost (at a rate of $4.01) then entered a purchase of the CYBG Shares for the same amount. Of course that doesn't help you if you want to calculate individual share purchases. That I did in an Excel spreadsheet dividing the capital return by the number of shares in each tranche.
  • Brian_7091946
    Brian_7091946 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CYB spin-off from NAB.

Where NAB shares have been bought and also dividend reinvested over a number of years how does Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015-

1 Handle the creation of the CYB shares that are received from the spin-off and

2 How doe it then reduce the cost base for each NAB purchase.

There are a number of NAB transactions that need to have an adjusted cost base as a result of the spin-off

• Mark Thomas
    Mark Thomas Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2016
    I did the above, quicken does not update the share price in the portfolio?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Mark, Dave,

When a security is created by a transaction like Corporate Securities Spin-Off, its configuration will not be complete.

Right-click the security and select Edit Security;
    Enter the ASX code for the security in the Symbol field (Clydesdale = CYB);
    Check that the Asset Class is showing Australian Stocks.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Mark Thomas
    edited May 2016
    Diver Dave was on the money.  Thanks heaps. 
  • Mark Thomas
    edited May 2016
    Thanks John, Diver Dave had the solution.  I hadn't ticked CYB on the update settings.