Error code (6018,0) An error occurred when Reckon Accounts tried to access the company file

Options
Alexis_8205419
Alexis_8205419 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
Hello. I have been trying to move a company file from one computer, running quickbooks pro: professional business 2007/08 to a new computer with Reckon Accounts plus 2016 installed but when it tries to upgrade the info for the new version it gets to 99% then a pop up window says that an error occurred when Reckon accounts tried to access the company file. Please try again. error code is (-6018,0). I have tried again...and again....and again.
I also verified the data integrity on the old computer before creating the back up I used to transfer the file over with and it said everything was ok. Please help
Thank you
Alexis

Comments

• Stella Carr
    Stella Carr Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You cannot go directly from 2007/08 to 2016. Upgrade to an intermediate version above 2008/09 first.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You need to upgrade to at least the same version and not backwards, Pro to Pro, Plus to Pro, not Pro to Plus

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Alexis_8205419
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There is no "Pro" in Reckon 2016 accounting so what would the equivalent be please? 

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Premier is now the go or look at Hosted

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Trottie, Is there any chance that your product is actually by Intuit? If so, I don't think you can upgrade, you are actually using an American Product. Reckon maybe able to bring through your lists etc. to a new data file that can be opening in Reckon Accounts Plus. QuickBooks 07/08 (by Reckon) is actually the change over version, for upgrade to the qbi versions. Depending on what features you are using in Pro, Pro/Premier can be downgraded to Plus in most cases. If using Multi-currency or units of measure, these are two things that can not be downgraded. Hope this helps. Kind Regards Kim Chapman Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer www.chapmanofficeservices.com
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Alexis

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Firstly, your QuickBooks 2007/08 does upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2016.  
    However, upgrading to an edition lower (Pro down to Plus) will mean a loss of the functions available in Pro and not in Plus.  Pro has been renamed to Premier 2 User.  

The error you are getting (-6018,0) means that the installation did not get a response it was waiting for and could not continue with the installation.  Best to speak with Technical support to sort this one out.  The article Installation Interrupted when installing Accounts Business 2014 & 2015 may be of help although it is not directed at your specific error message. 

regards,
    John.

• Alexis_8205419
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi John, thank you. I am not at all tech savvy and in my panic I didn't even think to call technical support. I will try them tomorrow. And that is heartening to hear that it should upgrade even if it is a bit glitchy at the moment.
    Alexis
  • Alexis_8205419
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks Kim. But I don't think it is.
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm going with Johns idea. I think tech support can fix it with turning on the net framework fix. Best of luck. Dont forget to let us know how it went Kind regards Kim Chapman