updated to windows 10, installed reckon accounts 2016 update and now can't email payslips using wind

Mel_8218052
Mel_8218052 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
After spending an hour and half on the phone to reckon they were unable to help me. Really annoyed at level of service and the lack of knowledge that reckon have showed.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    I'm very sorry to hear you've had a disappointing experience in trying to get this sorted Milissa.

What is happening when you attempt to send an email? Are you encountering any error messages?

What troubleshooting have the team been through with you thus far?

I'm sure we can get this sorted for you, look forward to hearing from you

Also, depending on the nature of the issue this support article may be worth taking a look at.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cilla
    Cilla Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    i really like the new version But im having issues with sending emails too i have also called reckon and have no success with it either :( i try and email invoices and employees payslips and No go .. so any help would be grateful 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cilla.  Are you using the version R101 which was released at the end of last week, or the R1 version?  And which operating system are you using?
    John L G
  • Mel_8218052
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, The problem is the port numbers that reckon support were giving me for entering in the edit-preferences-send forms- for windows live didn't work, we tried a number of different ones but nothing worked. The reckon support person wanted access to my computer as i think she didn't believe i was entering it correctly. once in my computer she repeated all the steps she had told me to do again, with no success, the message would come up saying the forms had successfully sent but when I went into my email account and checked the sent mail, they weren't in there, then it would come up with a message saying to check my internet connection or email/password was not correct. The support person then changed my email account details in my actual email account nothing to do with reckon, which stopped me receiving any mail at all, then she tried telling me that it was in fact my email address that wasn't working, so she set up a new email account and what really annoyed me was she was trying to send reports to her email address to see if it was working which is private company info that i do not wish for complete strangers to have access to, lucky none of these sent from the reckon account as she could not fix the problem due to her very limited knowledge. By this stage I had had enough and told her i would sort it out myself, she said she wanted to try one more thing and took a file off my desktop to email to herself, this time it did work as it wasn't through reckon and it was a confidential document, I said she better delete that email, to which she denied it had sent to her, I said it has so I can see it in my sent mail. She said oh yes it did sorry I should have asked if I could send that before I did it. After getting off the phone to her I reset my account to what it was before she changed it all, my email account worked again and I deleted the new account she created, so wasted an hour and half. 
    I have since worked out a solution, though not ideal, it lets me send my payslips. i have a personal outlook account so I downloaded that and I send the payslips using this email account. It isn't my company name so i have told all my employees to expect their payslips from this address, it is lucky that I do not need to send invoices to suppliers as it isn't a professional email address, but its the best i have come up with for a solution to this problem
    Thanks Mel
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for getting back to me Mel,

Let me follow up on this with the Support team today to get their insight and organise further assistance on this issue for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cilla
    Cilla Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    R1 version John 
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Cilla, the problems that people were experiencing when the R1 version was released were finally resolved with a new release that came out on Friday last week.  You should have got an email to that effect.  What you have to do is firstly fully uninstall the first R1 version that you had installed.  Then log in to your Reckon members site where you will find the latest release.  In the wording on the website it is still referred to as R1 but the file that you download will be called R101 - you should be able to see that as it is downloading and you should also see that file name when you look in your downloads folder.  The new latest updated R101 will tend to automatically install for you.  Once you finish, it will still show up as being R1, but if you allow the automatic install to occur, you will have installed the latest version.  Good luck.  This should work for you and solve your email problems.
    John L G
  • Mel_8218052
    edited May 2016
    Hi John, do i have to uninstall my version as well? Will it help resolve not being able to use windows live mail to send my payslips? 
    Mel
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Mel.  The email that issued last Friday, advising details of the update to fix a number of issues, directed ?everyone? who had installed the initial 2016R1 to uninstall it and then download the newest version which is available in your members area.  This newest version is still known as 2016R1 on the website but when you go to download the file you will see that it is called 2016R101.  I have no knowledge of Windows Live Mail, but the general advice seemed to be that you needed to uninstall the first version and the install the latest version.  In this forum there has been a lot of discussion about the use of different email programs, but it will need somebody from Reckon, or somebody from the Community with knowledge of Windows Live Mail, to be able to definitely provide an answer to you.  John L G
  • anthony_8142324
    anthony_8142324 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    I have been having this issue as soon as my computer upgraded to windows 10. I was told to update to rekon 2016 which fixed the problem then when Reckon accounts 2017 came out it stopped emailing payslips and i had to ugrade to 2017 to fix the problem and i did and after hours on the phone to reckon it still will not email the right payslips ie it mixes up the different pay slips. Does anyone have an answer?

• Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi Anthony,

Take a look at this thread HERE?does it relate to the payslip issue you seem to be experiencing?

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Be aware that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft. Latest version is WLM 2012, so is 5 years old.

It can be temperamental in Windows 10.

As Win10 continues to evolve, WLM will not be any easier.

This article may be useful........
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-4545...

The real solution is to bite the bullet and get MS Outlook.
    Outlook is part of MS Office Home & Business, or MS Office Professional
    Also included in some versions of Office 365 (check before buying)
    Outlook is not part of MS Office Home & Student

Or can buy MS Outlook as a standalone product

Reckon and Outlook get along well together ....