How can i get regular salary sacrifice amount to show on monthly payslip so it will also show up as

Lisa_8330393
Lisa_8330393 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How can i get regular salary sacrifice amount to show on monthly payslip so it will also show up as RESC on end of year payment summary? We need it to show as a regular pay item on the employee's pay slip each month.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Lisa.  Create a new Payroll Item along these lines:
    1.  Name it something like Salary Sacrifice XYZ Super
    2.  Next - Superannuation Tab select Salary Sacrifice (SS)
    3,  Complete Agency Tab.  For Liability Account I select a separate Salary Sacrifice account as a sub account under Payroll Liabilities, so that I can readily track salary sacrifice super items.
    4.  Under Tax Tracking Type select Gross Payments.  This ensures that the deduction is deducted from Gross Salary for the purposes of calculating Group Tax.
    5.  Under Taxes put a tick against PAYG Tax.  This ensures that the amount is deducted from gross salary before tax is calculated.
    6.  Ignore Calculate based on quantity.
    7.  You can skip the next two tabs Default rate and limits and also Include payments in contribution and click finish.
    8.  Go to the Employee Record, and select Payroll and compensation info from the drop down box at the top of the record.
    9.  Click on the tab Super Details and under the items details, insert the new Salary Sacrifice Super item that you have just created.  Then complete the pay day rate to be used and all other relevant information.
    Your salary sacrifice amount will now show on the pay slip and will also show on the Annual Payment Summary against RESC.
    John L G