RDO entry

Options
Shari Fallaw_8359913
Shari Fallaw_8359913 Member Posts: 2
We've just started allowing RDO's for our workers. Some are salaried and some are on hourly wages. For hourly I've set up a RDO payroll item based on 38 hrs per week (as per their contract) with 2 hours going to RDO accrual each week, as they actually work a 40 hour week. Probably a silly question but do I calculate their hourly pay rate based on a 38 hour or 40 hour week? ie For a salaried employee on 80K pa, would the pay rate be $36.06 or $37.96 per hour? Also, do I enter 38 or 40 hours against salary or hourly wages on their pay slip, noting that the extra 2 hours worked has gone into RDO accruals.

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The RDO would be set up a as an additional type of Leave (see options to rename in Preferences/employees). If you are accruing 2 hours each week, then you would pay only 38 hours as the other 2 hours is saving up to be taken later, same as holiday leave, only it is accruing at a higher rate. When they take the day off, select the RDO on the payslip and this will reduce their time accrued.