Set up link between service items and payroll items

Teresa Huang
Teresa Huang Member Posts: 30
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've searched but couldn't find the answer I am looking for. 

We've ticked using time to create payroll for all employees but when we import their times from Timer to QB, the Payroll Items are all over the place. We have to manually change it for each employee so that they get paid at the correct rate. 

Is there a way to set up a default payroll item for a service item?  e.g. for service item "ABC", the payroll item will always by default be "Surveyor", and for service item "DEF" the payroll item will always be "Admin".  

We just don't want to have to do the manual correction each time for each employee, especially if number of employees is growing.  

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Teresa Huang
    edited March 2017
    sorry where should i go to tick that?
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    The tick for the subcontractor is in the Item you are selecting for costings.

• Teresa Huang
    edited March 2017
    i am a bit confused, so i tick that box, and treat employees as subcontractors? 
  • Teresa Huang
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Kevin and DebonAir, but i am not sure that's what we want, as we are talking about employees not subcontractors, ticking that "performed by a subcontractor" will, i think, affect super and other areas of employee payroll. 

If anyone have any suggestion on linking service and payroll item,  we will be most appreciative. 
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Hi Teresa, you might need to get someone who has been using the time sheets and knows them inside out. I gave up on this many years ago because I could not get them to do what I thought they would do and for what we needed, these time sheets were just wasting our time as they didn't correctly link things we needed to payroll. Works well for costing to customers though. Sorry I can't assist.