deleting a record from bankdata

Neil Hardy
Neil Hardy Member Posts: 3
Is there a way to delete a transaction from the Match Transaction screen, i have multiple transactions relating to one bank amount,(wages paid via a ABA file).
I dont want to setup the clearing account as has been suggested, looks to hard.

Comments

• Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2019
    Hi Neil.  I too was skeptical of setting up clearing accounts but they are actually quite simple - I run 3 separate ones now for various types of transactions and it keeps everything neat and tidy.  I'm happy to try and talk you through it if you want.
  • Neil Hardy
    edited August 2016
    Hi Carrie
    Talk away, I'm listening, i've just read the detailed post
    "How do I configure by bank ledger accounts to handle both Online Banking and BankData downloads?"
    and it has baffled me no end.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

You can't delete transactions from the Downloaded Transactions section, but you do not have to allocate them.  When all other transactions have been allocated, click on the Done button and then delete the file from the From Bank zone of the Online Banking Centre.

In reference to handling both ABA payments for multiple payments as in a Payroll, I can only re-post comments made to another community member recently....

In situations where you make multiple payments in Reckon Accounts that appear as one payment in your bank account (or vice-versa), then you need to utilize a second bank account (a Clearing Account).  So you'll have two bank ledger accounts for your one bank account.  Make the multiple payments that will appear as one payment in your bank from your "Bank Clearing Account" then do a Bank Transfer to your main account to reduce the Clearing Account to zero.  Now your main bank ledger account will show one entry that you can directly reconcile to your one bank entry.  The details are stored in the Clearing Account.

As you are using both Online Banking (ABA files) and BankData, make sure your bank clearing ledger account that will make the ABA payments lists your account's BSB with a dash (123-456) while your  main bank ledger account that receives transactions through bankdata has the BSB listed as numbers only (123456).  See this article for details.   

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2019
    Hi Neil - Not sure if the above post by Reckon answers your question, if you would still like to know how to set up clearing accounts then give me a call. 0488735557.
  • Neil Hardy
    edited August 2016
    Deleting the file works for me. I'll pluck up the courage another day for the clearing account.
    Thanks all.
    Cheers
    Neil
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    We have set up a clearing account as a bank account.  I can't live without it as it allows you to make bulk payments which will show up as separate line items in the clearing account (one for each supplier paid). When completed, a simple single transfer from the clearning account to Westpac account will then show up in my Westpac account as a bulk amount, exactly the same as it would show up on my bank statement. This saves hours of work (depending on volume) in reconciling the bank account to the bank statement at the end of the month as this process simply becomes a ticking off process rather than having collate and ensure they balance. 
    At the end of the transfer from the clearing account to the westpac account the balance on the clearing account will always be (if you have done it correctly) zero.
    We process wages using the same clearing account.