how do I merge one company file into another company file

Hunney Harris
Hunney Harris Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 - I was doing a backup of our company file for our accountant to do our tax but when I went to do this it appears we have a few of the same company file. My issue is that my partner has been using a few different ones when doing invoices and now I have 5 files all with different invoices. Is it possible to merge them together so I don't have to apologize and send our accountant 5 files to look through,  

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Houston, we have a problem!!

How have you been reconciling the bank account, if you are entering in two different files

• Charley
    edited January 2020

Hi Kevin; agree with you but if one is doing invoicing then are they then doing payments against invoicing as well. And whoever reconciles the bank then where are all these unknown payments coming from that don't match up to an invoice (done by the other)

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    Yes to all of that but half his invoices are in another data file so money has come into the bank (and it doesn't matter which account) that he doesn't know what it relates to because he didn't know the other data file existed.
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Hi Hunney,

Certainly won't be a free service, but if you are interested in me looking at a possible solutions you can contact me via my website:  www.chapmanofficeservices.com or https://partnersearch.reckon.com/listings/chapman-office-services-pty-ltd/

Kind Regards
    Kim Chapman
    Reckon Accredited Consultant