Report on OLD Stock

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
How would I build a report so that I can see all the old stock.  I need to cull some

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do you have your stock as Inventory or Non-Inventory?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Inventory
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It is not going to be easy but you can run an inventory valuation detail report for a certain period of time, eg, 1 year, and scan the list looking for items that have not sold in the past few months.

If I was doing this job, I would run a stock take list, then run a Sales Item Summary and mark off the stock take list with items sold recently. I would then mark all other items on the stock take list to be sold off. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you.  I will give them both a try.  Not easy either way.
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, it is a task of deduction anyway you do it.
    An item movement report, similar to an ageing summary would be most helpful.

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would be inclined to export two spreadsheets and then use the VLOOKUP function in Excel to lookup the sales for each item on the inventory list.  You could run 1 month, 3 month and 6 month sales reports.  Dump each of these and then in your inventory report have a column for each one and use the VLOOKUP to lookup the from the sales spreadsheets.

Then you can easily see at a glance;
    • what your stock level is
    • what your sales have been for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months (you could even average these if you want)
    you can then use the same spreadsheet to estimate how many months cover you have got for each item based on sales and even conditionally format these to show in Red for say over 3 months stock and green for under 3 months.

You can manipulate the info much more easily in Excel and it doesn't take that long to set it up.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you Shayne.  That sounds fantastic.  Always good to hear new ways to do things.