windows 10 anniversary update breaks reckon accounts 2013

Options
Paul Beaver
Paul Beaver Member Posts: 1
My PC has just completed the windows 10 anniversary update and now Recon accounts 2013 will not start. All was well before the update. now nothing. I have tried running the comparability wizard but no luck. Anyone have an answer to this problem

Comments

• atlanta_7115561
    atlanta_7115561 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have got Reckon 2013 H&B (as well as Quicken 2003) and both will run in Windows 10, in fact I am on the Windows Insider Program so my current version is quite a few builds ahead of the (stable) Anniversary Update.
    What you need to do is go to the qw.exe file, right click, select properties, select compatibility, select change settings for all users, Tick boxes Run in compatibility mode (windows 7) and Run as Administrator, Apply and OK
    When you are back at qw.exe file, right click file and select Send to desktop as shortcut.
    What you might find is that occasionally you get the dreaded message 'This is not the computer dah dah dah' which is part of Reckons paranoia about their software. I have lived with that for 25 years of upgrades, pathetic.