Telstra share prices do not download

jkp
jkp Member Posts: 14
I have recently repurchased Telstra shares and entered the purchase into the system but every time I do a download all the shares update with the exception of Telstra. I have checked the details and they are all as per your instructions and still no update.
The details are as they were a few years ago and there was no problems with the download them?

Comments

• Malincan
    Malincan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hello, please the transaction date used on the repurchase transaction.  I noted on one occasion when I finger faulted with a future date (wrong year), there was no download.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2016
    See if anyone else has any ideas but I chalk these up to the poor Reckon product. NAB and S32 never update for me. Generally it is blamed on a corruption of the file where this info is stored and there is no fix...That I am aware.
  • jkp
    edited October 2016
    Have tried all the above suggestions, including checking the Look Up table to see if the code is correct (and it is) and still Telstra prices will not download. Reckon want me to pay for help to resolve this. Why should I pay for a problem of their making? Another piece of their 'great' customer service!!!!
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Hi

What version of the software are you using?  If you are on the current version then you should be able to get help.

Have you checked your SECURITY LIST?  Click on "Options" and "View Hidden Securities".  Is TLS hidden?

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi jkp,

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with Telstra share prices.  A bit unusual since other users have not been complaining of the issue.  Found a few old test files of mine that did have Telstra shares and a couple of them did not update while others did.  Setup of the security was correct.  I did find the problem and got them to update:

Set off One-Step Update, and on the Settings screen, click on Select quotes.  

Is Telstra ticked?  If not, as mine was, tick it and your share price should update.  

regards,
    John.

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the info John which I am sure many will find helpful but you  are not correct when you say "other users have not been complaining of the issue"

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/share-price-download
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/updating_shares_prices
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/missing-share-prices

There are others but I don't have time to scan through all the posts.....It is ongoing for a host of reasons...
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Gavin, but none of those threads dealt with a problem like "every time I do a download all the shares update with the exception of Telstra".

regards,
    John.
  • jkp
    edited October 2016
    John G
    Thanks for that. It now works fine.

Regards
    John P