Email Service Connection Error Message

Carrie_7009426
Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We are running Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale 2016.  Since upgrading to 2016 I decided to take advantage of the ability to send emails from my gmail account instead of having to use Outlook.  Having made the changes in preferences I now receive the error message below.
It does not occur every time I try to email and it doesn't matter what I am trying to email.  If I go ok and then try to send again it will usually go through.  I would like to get away from using Outlook but I can't switch everyone over with this happening.  Using Thunderbird as my email software - though Reckon doesn't seem to use it. 

Also - everytime I log into Reckon I have to re-enter the email password - never had to do this with Outlook.  Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Albert Zito
    Albert Zito Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2017
    Hi Carrie, any luck resolving this issue?
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited September 2017
    Hi Carrie, 
    With Gmail web mail setup, due to the Gmail security settings there are additional configurations required to make it work smoothly, please see blow link. 
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5379
  • Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    I really like point 4 of the instructions:
    Scroll down till you see Allow less secure apps

Why in 2017 is Reckon Accounts a less secure app, considering it is an accounting software, it should be very secure? Or am I wrong?
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited September 2017
    Sorry, we have no answers to this question, I guess you need to ask google why.