cheque received from suppliers that are no longer used. need to deposit in the bank

Fiona Papworth
Fiona Papworth Member Posts: 8
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a cheque from a supplier that I no longer use, (phone bill, switched carriers) so I don't have any more bills from them to credit it against. I need to deposit it in the bank, but unsure how to do it correctly?? As its a credit note not revenue.


  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You can create a bill credit for telephone.
    Then do a journal entry to debit bank or undeposited funds (if you have more than one cheque to deposit, with the credit line being Accounts Payable with supplier name. Be sure to put the supplier name on both lines of the journal.
    Then go to Pay bills and match up the credit and the journal.