Adjustment note produces incorrect earnings in BAS statement

Chris_7194422
Chris_7194422 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am having trouble with Reckon Accounts Accounting showing the correct number of sales in G1 of the BAS form for the last tax qtr. The amount difference is the same as a refund (on an adjustment note) given to a customer during the qtr. The refund amount doesn't seem to have been applied to the 'running' invoice. When I attempt to use the refund to apply to an invoice, a message says that there is no remaining credit balance to apply. When looking the customer centre entry for the client, there are no refunds, only an adjustment note for the amount in question. Am I doing something incorrectly with the way that I refund money to a client? Could anyone assist please? Thanks kindly

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Can I ask if you created the credit and then from in the credit did you create the refund cheque?
    This would not apply the credit to an invoice, it would issue a refund and will be correct on all reports.

• Chris_7194422
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the reply. I am unsure what you mean by creating the refund cheque .
    I hit the 'refunds and adjustments', entered several items and entered them under the item 'refund'. Interestingly , I looked back on all previous adj notes and noticed they were entered in an item marked 'construction', which is what most items on my invoices are marked as . I'll await your response, but after having changed the 'said' invoice to the const. item all figures are as they should be.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited January 2018
    your credit should use the same item line you would use on your invoice, which will put the stock back 'on the shelf'. Top of the credit it says Use Refund To, see pic  and then this will create a cheque so you can refund the money, this tidies up the account and all figures on reports will be correct.
  • Chris_7194422
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for your advice. All sorted now. '"Use the same item line....." says it all. Don't know why I changed from doing what I normally did.