Can i give users access to create and report for sales and purchases but not other sensitive areas

Tom Cameron
Tom Cameron Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I would like some users to create reports and transactions in suppliers and purchases but not give them access to other sensitive reports such as P&L. Can this be done and how

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Reckon Community!

This feature is available but only in our highest edition - Reckon Accounts Enterprise. Do you have this edition? If so, it's just a matter of creating a custom role.

Luke.
  • Tom Cameron
    Tom Cameron Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the reply. We don't have this version
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You can do this with Reckon Accounts Premier.

• Donna_8766358
    Donna_8766358 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tom,  I have Reckon Accounts Premier - if it's just the P&L and Balance sheet (Company & Financial Reports) that you want to restrict the users access to then try this:  In User List, Edit User, check Selected areas of Reckon Accounts, check Full Access in each area except the last one Sensitive Financial Reporting - check No Access.  This will allow the user to enter bills, create invoices, do payroll and print out the necessary reports like A/P summary, Payroll summary etc. but not P&L and Balance Sheet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Donna
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You might even be able to have some limits on users on other versions, just go through the user settings to see what you can do there.