payment summary is showing different amount in gross payment as compared to the employee totals

Arpita
Arpita Member Posts: 3
payment summary is showing different amount in gross payment as compared to the employee totals,, please help. an employee has come up with issue relating to 2014-15

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Arpita.  Please provide further information, quoting actual figures, without the employee name.  Without that information, it is impossible to know where your discrepancy is. 
    John L G
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Maybe running an employee payroll summary report for the year might also help to narrow down where the problem might be.

• Arpita
    Arpita Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    Hi 
    PAYG payment summray shows the following 
    Gross payments 44088
    total allowances 3002
    tax withheld 6447

but the payroll totals report shows the following
    Wages 40280
    allowance 3002
    adj gross 43283

the gross payment in the payg summary should not include the allowance. it should be 40280 
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2020
    If the settings for the allowance have been changed, then this will also change all historical values.
    If you need make changes to allowances already being used, a new allowance should be set up, and possibly make the old one inactive.

• John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Hi Arpita.  It sounds very much like the SGC could have been included in error as part of gross payments, due to the set-up for the particular Super Fund not being correct, particularly if this employee has a different fund to anybody else.  Edit the payroll item for this employee's Super Fund, .  When you get to tax tracking, I suspect that you might find that it has been set to Gross Payments instead of to None. ?How much SGC was applicable for this employee during the period in question?
    John L G
  • Tania_8329152
    Tania_8329152 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017
    I have 5 employees that were terminated in the last financial year that have incorrect Gross amounts showing on the payment summaries, how do I fix it.
  • Tania_8329152
    edited July 2017
    I also have two employees that have an amount showing in Reportable employer superannuation contribution, how do I fix this?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Tania.  If they had Salary Sacrifice Superannuation, then the Payment Summary is correct.

Tania, why do you say that the Gross Amount is incorrect for the 5 employees?

John L G
  • Tania_8329152
    edited July 2017
    No salary sacrifice they were employed for the year yet only $62 on one and $115 on the other has come up in the box. Gross amounts are different to what has printed on the report for the financial year
  • Tania_8329152
    edited July 2017
    Is someone able to assist me with the above issues, pointed out yesterday?

There has been no salary sacrifice super listed for the two employees that have super appearing on their payment summaries. 

I have 5 employees all of which were terminated in the financial year that have different amounts appearing on the summaries compared to the Payroll summary report. 

I have three employees that have a pay item that needs to be shown as an allowance on the summaries, how do I change it.

This whole experience with reckon one has been totally frustrating.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Tania,

Super Salary Sacrifice and Employer Additional are the 2 super items coded to appear in RESC.  Other sources of RESC amounts are:
    • paying Super Guarantee to employees not entitled to it - like under 18 year olds and employees not reaching $450.00 normal pay in the month;
    • paying employees more than the statutory amount (currently 9.5%) of Super using the SA super item (super guarantee).  You may be able to use the CA super item (collective agreement) for this category of employees - but check with your accountant on this matter and any matter relating to Super and PAYG.
    issues with terminated employees revolve around calculating the correct amount of tax, as the ETP payment summary publishes the tax amount it calculates, and any difference between its calculation and the amount you entered for ETP tax will be left in the INB payment summary.  See our guide for ETP payments here.  As this document was written a few years ago some tax rates, thresholds and levies may have changed.

For Allowances to appear separately on the Payment Summary you must set up your Allowance payroll item with a Tax Tracking Type of Allowance.  If the Allowance is taxable tick the Tax item on the Taxes screen of the payroll item setup.  If the Allowance is tax free then leave the Taxes box unticked.  Please refer to your Accountant for the necessity to list Allowances separately on the Payment Summary and whether they are taxable. 

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.

• Tania_8329152
    edited February 2018
    Have fixed all other issues except RESC super amounts.  The following are appearing on the payment summaries

Employee 1 amount of $115

Employee 2 amount of $4.00

Employee 3 amount of $33.00

Employee 4 amount of $4.00

If I select the resc exempt box in the employee set up will that fix the problem.  My next question is do I need to redo the employees pay to fix the issue, if so how do I know what week has the problem?

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Tania.  Have a look at this Knowledge Base response for ways in which to correct this error, which is caused by a corrupted file.  I usually have at least one to correct each year:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5324
    John L G