How do I create a tax scale for the new “Backpacker Tax”?

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
In December 2016, the Australian Government finalised the re-categorisation of foreign visitors on working holiday visas (“backpackers”) for PAYG withholding purposes, from parity with “Residents” (Tax Code 2-TFT) to a special category of “Non Residents” (Tax Codes 3NonRes and 8-No TaxC).

Please see our Knowledge Browser article here for details on handling these changes with Reckon Accounts Business.

Backpacker tax rate in RAB

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Lucky,

The link to the article in the post above is available directly here - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5510

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rachel Whitehouse
    Rachel Whitehouse Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Rav. I do have one question though - my tax seems to be rounding. For example the amount taxable was $30.77, 15% should be $4.61 but I am getting $5.00. Any ideas?