Reckon Accounts Launcher not working

Mark Bennett
Mark Bennett Member Posts: 6
Just upgraded to Reckon Personal Plus 2017. I am on a Mac running parallels 12. I have uninstalled old version of Reckon PP 2013 and now keep getting the message 'Reckon Accounts Launcher has stopped working' have been thru all the trouble shooting posts, but still the problem persists.

Comments

• Shakir
    Shakir Alumni Posts: 54
    edited December 2017
    Hi Mark, thanks for your post and Welcome to Reckon Community.

Please follow the steps mentioned below in the knowledge base article for the error "Reckon Accounts launcher has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10".

Reckon Accounts launcher has stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 Kb#5441

If you encounter the same problem after following these steps then perform a clean installation of Reckon Accounts Personal 2017.

Clean Installation Kb#4333

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards
    Shakir

• Mark Bennett
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Shakir - I note I am running Windows 7 and not Windows 10. Do I still follow you previous post?
  • Shakir
    edited December 2017
    Hi Mark

Please try to rename the file on which you are working and if that does not work then perform a clean installation.

Regards
    Shakir
  • Shakir
    edited December 2017
  • Mark Bennett
    edited December 2016
    Hi Shakir - I cannot open PP let alone open a file.
  • Shakir
    edited December 2017
    Hi Mark - Please try with the clean installation of PP.

Regards
    Shakir
  • Mark Bennett
    edited December 2017
    Hi Shakir,

I have uninstalled PP 2017, rebooted, turned off AVG security/firewalls, reinstalled PP 2017 and still get the same message 'Reckon Accounts Launcher has stopped working'. Please help. Thx 
  • Shakir
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out to us.

You need to perform a clean installation of PP 2017, after uninstalling PP 2017 you need to remove some folders from your computer and then reinstall the PP 2017.

Please click here to get the steps to perform a clean install.

Regards
    Shakir
  • Mark Bennett
    edited December 2016
    Latest update - I have now loaded, entered security key, registered product. However, when I try to open PP2017 in Windows 7 in Parallels 12 (in either coherance or full screen) PP2017 then opens and disappears to the right of the screen. When I right click the mouse on the $ icon for PP and select 'Show all Windows' all I get is a blank box in the middle of the screen with the icons at the bottom of 2 of my files. I have now been on this for 4 days and still can't do my work. Please help.
  • Mark Bennett
    edited December 2016
    OMG at last! I right clicked the PP icon and chose 'Maximise' screen. 
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    Just wondering if anyone can help me here. I installed the Reckon PP trial on my mac which I'm running Parallels. When the registration dialog box popped up it was minimised. I couldn't resize it to input an activation code. Apparently this is a problem when using old windows software on the imac HD retina screens and you can't resize it. Is there any way of activating the software apart from entering the number via the dialog box that pops up?
  • Mark Brookes
    Mark Brookes Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    I had this problem and I DID NOT have to uninstall and reinstall a clean copy to fix it. That is a very inefficient solution suggestion. There are too many windows updates and if every time you get a windows update you have to uninstall and reinstall then why have the software.

All I did is went to task manager and noticed that Reckon Accounts Launcher was in the task list of active processes. I ended this task. then ran the programme again and it started straight away. Took all of 10 seconds.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.