I keep getting an error "Reckon accounts has experienced a problem and must be shut down"

Options
Karina_7040700
Karina_7040700 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I keep getting an error "Reckon accounts has experienced a problem and must be shut down" I have done a backup and rebuild data with no luck. error code is 16681 78290

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Karina,

Really sorry to hear you're running into some difficulties today.

Are you able to successfully restore a recent backup file? Does that open successfully?

If it does, and you can work on the file, add transactions etc, it would suggest the file is ok but it would be best to rebuild this also as there maybe a minor level of corruption lurking so would be the best course of action.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Karina_7040700
    Karina_7040700 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I couldn't find a recent enough backup.  I was trying to change details in a chq transaction but decided to delete it and start again.  It only did it when i tried to make changes to an existing transaction. Hopefully, it won't be an ongoing problem. Karina
  • Elise Julien
    Elise Julien Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have had the same error "Reckon accounts has experienced an error and must shut down"...... been getting it for months and just ignored it, as I found if I clicked anywhere on the screen outside of the error box, it went away and I ran 'business as usual'. Last night I used Reckon as usual. Today I cannot get Reckon to load up at all. It syas Reckon loading....... and nothing happens. What do you suggest? Elise