Reckon Accounts Personal and Business not opening file

Options
Paul_7109924
Paul_7109924 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
I have been using Quicken / Reckon for 26 years so consider myself a proficient user.

My QDF file is 37.25MB. I am now unable to open the file.

Whenever I restore a recent backup it opens first time then either has a problem closing down or reopening.

I have reinstalled the Reckon Home and Business 2017 software however the problem still remains.

I have two licences and the same problem is on both computers. The computers are running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

Could someone help please as I use the software every day.

Comments

• Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Paul, 
    Seems like you are having a data corruption issue with those backups, we suggest for you to test the sample file or make a new dummy data file and see if programs open in to those files, this should help clarify if you are dealing with a file issue or a program installation issue. 

Regards
    Jay Jay Li 

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Options

On top of Jay Jay's suggestion Paul try a validate and a super validate.  Have more suggestions but try those first :-)

Regards, Robyn

• Paul_7109924
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks Jay Jay,

I have restored 6 old rkn backup files all with the same issue.

One of the backups I have used before with no issues?

The software works perfectly with restoring smaller qdf files on both computers?

Any other thoughts?

Paul
  • Paul_7109924
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Robyn,

It worked!

Validate removed a few of errors and super validating removed one more.

Thanks Heaps!!

Paul 
  • Paul_7109924
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Dave

I Validated then Super Validated which seems to have fixed the problem. So fingers crossed.

Paul
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No problems Paul, regards Robyn :-)
  • Paul_7109924
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The errant transactions were in the list of Scheduled Transactions. Validate removed a 6 of them and Super Validate removed one more.

A while ago a number of scheduled transactions appeared that did not actually action any transaction and I could not remove from the list. They have all been removed by the validations.

Good luck with your issue