Moving security transactions from one Investment Account to a new Investment Account

Options
Mike Austin
Mike Austin Member Posts: 6
I am running Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 on a Windows 10 machine.

About 2 years ago I bought a bunch of shares in some managed funds, all through the one broker (Vanguard).  When I set these up in Reckon, I (unwittingly) created a separate Investment Account for each fund, and then added a single security to each of these Investment Accounts to represent each individual fund.

In hindsight, what I should have done is create a single Investment Account (e.g. Vanguard) and then add all of the managed funds as individual securities to this.  That's what I'm trying to do now.

However, the only way I seem to be able to do this is via "Shares Transfered Between Accounts".  This transfers all the transactions across, with the correct share qty, price and total amounts.  However it sets the transaction date to the date that I complete the share transfer, and doesn't maintain the actual transaction date of the share purchase.  This stuffs up all my cost basis info.

Is there anyway to essentially "cut and paste" transactions from one Investment Account to another in bulk, so I can keep all the transaction data from the original Investment Account?  There are about 50 transactions per account, and I have 4 accounts to transfer over, so doing it manually will be a major PITA

Comments

• Mike Austin
    Mike Austin Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks - I feared as much :-(  Will have to decide if the effort is worth the reward, otherwise I'll just stick with multiple accounts with single securities in them.  It does have the advantage that I can easily see individual security values in the Investing summary window, whereas with multiple securities per account, I only see the total account value unless I go into further detail in the Investment window

I have five investment accounts set up - four of them are named after the Vanguard funds they represent (seemed logical to me at the time), and one is named after the brokerage I use for direct share investments (this one has a number of individual ASX listed securities stored in it).  The idea was to consolidate all the Vanguard Funds under one account, call it Vanguard (or whatever - not that important really) and then have each fund as a separate security.

All of these are essentially held under my name (or my Family Trust's name in reality) and not through a Super Fund.
  • Dean Robinson
    Dean Robinson Member Posts: 9
    Options

I cannot see thread of conversation on this item - is there something I am missing? Where are the comments that seem implied by the one resolution comment?