reckon accounts plus 2017 crashing

techservices
techservices Member Posts: 3
the errors are 6999, 7501, and various errors. This is not the networking product but standalone.

when reckon crashes in win10 it also crashes the error reporting tool in windows. I see exception violation making me think its permissions issues, but I have have:

1. run as admin
2. set compatibility to both 7, and 8+8.1

i have removed and resinstalled. I relinstalled windows 10. I downloaded the latest version of reckon acct plus. The issue is whenever trying to create a new category in the database it crashes.

I am wondering (as an IT support guy in general support) if the company file is damaged. Is there a tool to check this and repair?

thanks for any help

Comments

• Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited September 2017
    Hi Tech services, 
    Welcome to Reckon Community, the error code you have mentioned is not recorded in our system, and we do not have a tool to test if a file got an issue. 
    However, there is a easy way to tell if the issue is due to application or the data file. 
    simply make a new dummy test file within the Reckon Accounts by go to file and select new company. 
    if this opens in to the new file okay its a data issue you are dealing with if still crash the same it would be an app issue. 
  • techservices
    edited September 2017
    i have determined it was a database issue. Is there no tool to repair a company file?
  • techservices
    edited September 2017
    I have found the rebuild data file advice at reckon. Thank you.
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited September 2017
    repair tool is a function called rebuild with inside of the Reckon account, you had to be able to open the data file first before you can do the rebuild, if the file do not open even from local drive, then there is nothing you can do. 
    in this situation either find another backup of the data file or consider contact the paid data service team for file repair. 
    To contact data services please visit http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/ReckonDataServices.aspx