quicken home & business 2013 - ACCOUNT setting "tax tracking" grayed out, can't be disabled.

Rich
Rich Member Posts: 4
The consequences are: transaction entries are now more complicated. New windows appear which one must exit out of to complete transaction. The extra steps double or treble time to enter a transaction. H ow to disable this setting? Is this a software design issue? Do later versions correct this?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Richard.

Tax Tracking is switched on when you create a bank account and select the option to track tax (GST).  Once used it cannot be changed, unless all the transactions are deleted and the bank accounts tracking tax deleted.  

If your bank account tracks tax and you use an account that has a tax code assigned, the Split window will not open.  The transaction will enter via the bank register once you click Enter.

If the account you choose does not have a tax code assigned, then the Split window will open, allowing you to assign the appropriate tax code.

If your bank account is not ticked to track tax the Split window will not open.  If that account has a tax code assigned, it will be ignored.  

Hope this explains the working of Tax Tracking.

regards,
    John
  • Rich
    edited September 2019
    Thks John, Yes you are telling me I'm stuck with it because I made a silly mistake months ago by enabling this feature. Is it feasible to delete say 20,000 transactions? That is the rough number over the last 20 yrs. Could they be put in a buffer while tax tracking is disabled. I don't think the program allows this & would take forever. If I upgrade my version of QHB, will the tax tracking setting carry over?
  • Rich
    edited March 2018
    I want to delete my photo which was illegally xferred from my Facebook. Some **** site "getsatisfaction. It won't let you delete you icon( photo)). So angry. If no answer will delete my quicken community bprofile.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited March 2018

Rich, I have a suggestion you could try but I haven't fully tested and you need to be cautious. 

1. **IMPORTANT** Backup your data file first

2. Create another bank account and NOT enable that for tax tracking.

3. Highlight all transactions in the original bank account (click on first transaction, shift & page down to the bottom).  Maybe start with one transaction to test first!

4. Right click on the transaction(s)

5. Cut transaction(s) - or if you are too nervous "Copy" first

6. In the new bank account right click & Paste transaction(s)

7. If this works and in step 5 you copied - go back and delete the trasnactions that you copied

Good luck

Robyn

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited March 2018
    PS if it doesn't work and transactions are not as they should be restore the back up :-)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rich,
    You've registered for the Community by using the Facebook option hence why your Facebook profile picture is being displayed. Get Satisfaction is the forum platform that the Reckon Community utilises.

You can remove this by revoking Get Satisfaction access under your Facebook settings, I've added a short how-to HERE on how to do that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited March 2018
    PPS - if your transactions do have GST & you are registered for GST you will actually have to keep "splitting" the transactions to put a GST tax code on the tranaction and produce the appropriate reports.
  • Rich
    edited April 2018
    Thanks. However Logging in via Facebook & transferring personal information from Facebook are 2 different issues. This blatant unauthorised transfer of data is unethical. Will do what you suggest & also intend to delete my Facebook account so this doesn't re-occur.