2018 Accounts Plus update installation not working

Tim Cross_7863345
Tim Cross_7863345 Member Posts: 25
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Well it continues. Went to install latest update and nothing. Get message installing two items payment services and some windows component which it appears to do then nothing further happens. Virus protection off, run exe file as administrator what other surprise am I missing?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Tim,

Continuing on from..?
    What process did you follow to install the new edition? Which edition are you upgrading FROM? Which operating system are you using?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tim Cross_7863345
    edited March 2018

Govt connect and BAS lodgement saga RAV. I am updating from Accounts Plus 2017 running Windows 10 Home Edition. Install does not proceed beyond these two messages?

?

• Tim Cross_7863345
    edited March 2018
    To anybody else having this problem I resolved it with the help of Reckon Support over the phone. Turns out the User Account you are trying to install update on must have full administration rights. Once you run setup.exe as a full privileged Administator - no problems.
  • Bob Ronai
    Bob Ronai Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Not for me. Reckon's Support guys have spent many hours trying to install it logged into two of my computers and no luck yet and I have tried unsuccessfully on three diferent computers. Seems a badly-written software.
  • Mwl Furnone
    Mwl Furnone Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    does it actually work or is this a scam.....i am just trying to install as a desktop version will not install.  the online was too unstable due to our internet speed.  I have turned off virus, internet no programs running still wont install...
  • Mwl Furnone
    Mwl Furnone Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    what makes it worse is sitting and waiting on the phone for over 40 minutes and no one can help.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    What is happening when you try to install?
    What's your operating system and which desktop edition of Reckon Accounts are you trying to install?
    Have you applied the advice from Tim above in regard to Admin rights?

I've checked in with our Support team and all queues are clear with no wait times (as at 11:59am) with the exception of the Reckon One support line. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.