What is involved on changing from Reckon Account 5 user to ONline Hosted version

Options
Scott Jones
Scott Jones Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Would like to understand the pricing and how to migrate to Hosted version of Reckon Multi user

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Scott

Hosted is charged at $630 per logon ID.  Reckon will rebate full unused months of your current annual subscription. You can have multiple files that users can switch between in the same way as the desktop version.

Migration is fairly straightforward - you upload the file and open it in the hosted version - and the file is upgraded to the Enterprise Version of Reckon.  There are some other minor steps (uploading logos, sharing the file with other users and your accountant if desired, and understanding the differences in emailing and downloading reports and files, but it is, for most users, a fairly familiar process. 

Contrary to Kevin's opinion, I'm think that there are a number of very real advantages to having all of your data in the cloud. It is more than just the cost of the software; you need to counter-balance this with the cost of installing annual upgrades, the cost of running and maintaining server infrastructure, IT security, server crashes etc.

I can help you with both the purchase of the licences, moving your datafile to the cloud, training staff in the new processes, etc.  My contact details are below.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Peter Grattan
    Peter Grattan Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Does Cloud version Reckon Account operate offline if internet is disconnected?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,384 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Peter, no it does not unfortunately.
    You will need a solid, stable and constant internet connection to operate a cloud solution such as Reckon Accounts Hosted or Reckon One.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• HeatherJ
    HeatherJ Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Peter my understanding is that you receive a complimentary desk top Enterprise version to install which you can backup/restore to from the cloud. This is only advantageous if you know the internet is scheduled to be down! but you are back in the danger zone of more than one .qbw file as well. Hope this helps Heather