I have changed the file name as per instructions but cannot access my file again through the Q drive

Ruth Newell_9758491
Ruth Newell_9758491 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Accessing the QBW file after changing the file name.  I cannot access the newly named file, as the error 6177 is coming up, but I do not have Reckon on my computer in order to access the Reckon Database Server Manager.  How do I access the file again online please?
 Ruth Newell

Comments

• Ruth Newell_9758491
    Ruth Newell_9758491 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have changed the file name as per instructions but cannot access my file again .... Hi Jason,
    I read your answer to the client who wanted to change the name of their Reckon Hosted file, as I did, but I have changed it according to your instructions, but when I try to open in via the Q drive, and I select the newly named file, it syas that this Reckon Accounts could not use the path to the Company File (Error 6177).  I have tried to find Reckon in my computer programs, but I don't think I have ever downloaded it onto my computer, so I cannot locate it to find the Database Server Manager.  I access the file online for my employer, but do not work from his computer.  What can I do to access the file again please?
    Ruth Newell
    ruthnewell2@gmail.com

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Reckon One API - Invalid Client.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ruth,
    The info in this KB article will help you resolve the -6177 error -

Error (-6177,0) when logging onto Reckon Accounts Hosted

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.