how to delete downloaded transactions when wrong qif file imported into Reckon Personal plus 2018

Mark ScottMark Scott Member Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in Accounts Personal Range
I have accidentally imported the wrong QIF file into one of my accounts on Personal Plus 2018 and I now have over 150 unwanted transactions sitting in the downloaded transactions list.
The only way I can seen to delete them is to manually delete each transaction one at a time.

Is there way 'bulk delete' the transactions  or 'undo' the import of the wrong QIF file?

I have tried importing another QIF file, but this just adds more downloaded transactions.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Comments

• PhuongDoPhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 210 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the only way now is to manually delete them. The best practice is to make a backup everytime you import something.

Another option is I can create a quick tool to help you to get rid of them, but it might be overkill.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

[email protected]

• Mark ScottMark Scott Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    Having made this mistake before, I usually limit my exposure by importing a relatively small number of transactions at a time, but I got over confident.
    Seems crazy not to be to have option of 'delete all' or to multiple select-and-delete.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 533 ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Mark if you ACCEPT ALL to enter them all, you can then highlight them all and DELETE all at once.  This may be a bit quicker I think?
    Regards
    Robyn Kelly
  • Mark ScottMark Scott Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Robyn, Yes, I agree that will be quicker. I can reconcile the correct transactions and then bulk delete the remainder.