how to delete downloaded transactions when wrong qif file imported into Reckon Personal plus 2018

Mark Scott
Mark Scott Member Posts: 3
I have accidentally imported the wrong QIF file into one of my accounts on Personal Plus 2018 and I now have over 150 unwanted transactions sitting in the downloaded transactions list.
The only way I can seen to delete them is to manually delete each transaction one at a time.

Is there way 'bulk delete' the transactions  or 'undo' the import of the wrong QIF file?

I have tried importing another QIF file, but this just adds more downloaded transactions.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the only way now is to manually delete them. The best practice is to make a backup everytime you import something.

Another option is I can create a quick tool to help you to get rid of them, but it might be overkill.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Mark Scott
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    Having made this mistake before, I usually limit my exposure by importing a relatively small number of transactions at a time, but I got over confident.
    Seems crazy not to be to have option of 'delete all' or to multiple select-and-delete.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Mark if you ACCEPT ALL to enter them all, you can then highlight them all and DELETE all at once.  This may be a bit quicker I think?
    Regards
    Robyn Kelly
  • Mark Scott
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Robyn, Yes, I agree that will be quicker. I can reconcile the correct transactions and then bulk delete the remainder.