unable to export to excel

Options
Patricia Hobson
Patricia Hobson Member Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I wish to create an excel file from our customer data base of "lapsed customers". I have added/substracted appropriate fields and produced a large report that I would like to export to Excel so I can eliminate recent customers & produce a mailing list. However, when I press the Export button it asks me to save the xls file, I click the Save button but nothing happens (see screenshot). Last night I waited for hours to no avail. I even tried emailing it to myself in Excel and pdf format as suggested in the community but still no luck. Is this to do with my settings, my browser, my version of Excel (2010) or something else. Please assist as it is vital I get my business back on its feet after the deah of its owner/manager (my husband) last year.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Patricia,
    Unfortunately I can't see the screenshot that you've mentioned however after pressing 'Save' does the save window disappear or does it stay on screen?

More importantly, can you please check the Hosted Q drive to confirm if the export file was saved to it?
    You can do this by using the Floating Toolbar icon, click the 'Download file' button, this will open a window which will show all files in the Hosted drives. If its there you can select it to download to your PC.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Patricia Hobson
    Patricia Hobson Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sorry I did forget to attach the screenshot. I was however able to email a spreadsheet to myself (this time! - did not work last night) which seems like the easier option anyway. I did search for the xls file using the download button of the floating toolbar but found nothing.
    Interestingly, I can only sign in to this forum in Internet Explorer. I have cleared browsing history, cache and cookies from Chrome but it still will not allow me to post on here using the Chrome browser. (??)