cant get capitals to work

shane_10070694
shane_10070694 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
when trying t invoice i cant get capital letters ive tried caps lock and Shift nothing
if i go to msword or other text editors i do not have this problem.

Comments

• IRRIGEAR LOWOOD
    IRRIGEAR LOWOOD Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2019
    Us too, Shane.  A little frustrating, isn't it.  Hoping someone else can enlighten us, or that Reckon fixes it ASAP.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Shane,
    The Hosted team have received a couple of cases of this occurring this morning and they're looking into it.
    Early investigation shows that it looks isolated to Chrome only and clearing the browser cache fixes this. We've also found this problem does not occur on other browsers OR when using incognito mode in Chrome however, clearing the browser cache solves it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    OMG  YES  YEW YES!!!  I have the same issue , I thought it was my keyboard was planning to get new one from Office works. 

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Can you try the above please Chandra and let me know how you go.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jane Birch
    Jane Birch Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled caps lock is not working !??. Can someone please advise why caps lock is not working in Reckon this morning!??
  • Lynette Rochester_10065388
    Lynette Rochester_10065388 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

It is happening with Firefox as well? Any idea's how to rectify yet?
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Lynette,
    Thanks for your report on this. Can you please try clearing the cache in Firefox and let me know if there's any change.

Thanks

• Michelle_8612833
    Michelle_8612833 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to use uppercase. Good Morning,

Wondering whether anyone else is having issues with using upper case.  Upper case button is on but only getting lower case.  All other programs are ok.  Have checked with another company using Reckon Hosted and they have the same issue.
  • Anita Morton
    Anita Morton Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2019
    I use Chrome and cleared cache and uppers work however numbers RH side keyboard don't; HELP
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jo-Anne,
    Is this before or after clearing the browser cache? To confirm, is this on Google Chrome or some other browser?

• Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Rav 
    Clearing Cache works to a degree
    Caps lock started working after a few minutes within Reckon. But when we are in the sign in screen & entering password Caps lock is off when it's on & vise versa. 
  • Michelle_8612833
    Michelle_8612833 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    yep me too
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    need number lock fixed asap please

• Jan V
    Jan V Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2019

I am experiencing the same problem! 
  • Jane Birch
    edited July 2019
    Number Lock now intermittently  not working - PLEASE can we have an update this is not workable!
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jane,
    Can you let me know which screen you're accessing when NUM lock fails eg. Invoices, Bills, etc or is it any screen?

• Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    So far for us Payment & Invoicing screens
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav - was happening to me too this morning - I use Opera - but I cleared my cache, logged out, then back in and all good now.  thanks Linda
  • cosmic
    edited June 2019
    Rav, clearing cache works.
    Users are not looking at this forum . SEND A EMAIL BROADCAST DIRECTLY TO THEM . sure Reckon has their emails 
    Not the community forum email.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Our experience also - We HAVE CLEARED CACHE & still experiencing problems
    Chandra if you read the whole thread you will see several users have cleared & still having problems.
  • cosmic
    edited June 2019
    hmmm , I just logged into another client was able to login.
    Well , Reckon we have problems then ???

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Rav
    edited June 2020
    Hi folks,
    We've made a change on our end which we believe should resolve the problem where some users are experiencing issues with caps lock & num lock.

Can you please do the following, logout of Hosted in full. Clear your browser cache again and then log back in.

Please let me know BELOW THIS POST if you continue to experience problems after doing so.

• Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    i have logged out; cleared and all working thus far; hoping it will stay that way; chrome user reckon hosted
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    god knows now: can't clear my screen; can't log off, can't print !!!!!!!
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    is anyone looking at this ?????

• Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Have done the above again but we are still experiencing intermittent problems with Number lock. 
    Password login screen also still had issues
  • IRRIGEAR LOWOOD
    edited June 2019
    Things are fine here...for the moment.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me Jo-Anne,
    Hosted and the Community are completely separate and not related to each other in a technical sense. Is the keypad not working on other websites using the same browser?

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure what this means Anita, can you give me some clear details on what you're experiencing particularly when you say you can't clear your screen & log off ie. Are you getting an error message etc.

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jane,
    Can you let me know if there has been any improvement for you now?

Thanks

• Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Intermittent problems still, Right at this very moment definitely one user with no Number Lock. 
    Thanks Rav
  • IRRIGEAR LOWOOD
    edited June 2019
    And there goes my numbers again.  Still not fixed.....