Quickbooks file doctor admin password incorrect

Jon_10073765
Jon_10073765 Member Posts: 7
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've upgraded our system from Reckon 2013 to Reckon 2019. The data file and everything upgraded fine. My problem is I am unable to get the other computers on the network to connect to the main data file.

I've followed the steps in sharing the folder and giving everyone full permissions (windows 10). I've then installed quickbooks file doctor and tried to get to check our data file. The problem is it asks for my admin username and password which I supply (i know it's correct as I tested it before submitting) but File doctor is unable to login as it keeps saying username and password is incorrect.

I've then removed the password from admin and tried again with the same results. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jon,
    I'm not familiar with QuickBooks Doctor as that looks to be an Intuit product/service rather than ours.

My problem is I am unable to get the other computers on the network to connect to the main data file.
    What is happening here specifically and what is the configuration of the network you're running?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I used File Doctor many years ago when I was desperate to recover a file but can’t say I had a lot of success with it

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I meant when it was Quickbooks, I think I still have the software on my old computer

• Kris_Williams

As I said I tried it but didn’t have much success

This discussion has been closed.