STP Final lodgement error "ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it"

Options
Wendy C
Wendy C Member Posts: 23
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have successfully lodged one of my clients final STP, but another is coming up with the above error message - different file completely. I have seen other older queries here with this error, but haven't seen a solution posted? This was lodged yesterday 27th June 19..

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Wendy,
    The cause of this message is a failure with the ATO's SBR2 service which handles STP transmissions. We've just been advised they experienced a massive failure yesterday evening which has resulted in these submissions not being accepted.

For any pay events that you have with this message, I'd recommend uploading them again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Wendy C
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you. Do I upload them as a "new pay run/full file replacement" or another "update a previously completed ATO submission or finalise year". I've re-created the file as a "full file replacement" from Reckon also, should this be another "finalise year"? Thanks for your guidance
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Just resubmit the pay event file as you did previously. As the previous pay event that resulted in an error wasn't accepted by the ATO, there is nothing to replace so Full File Replacement will not work.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Wendy C
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thank you. I've done that, now will wait to see what comes of this one. I see on another post others ask if the ATO have received their STP file. One of my other clients last pay run is still pending from last Wednesday. How long do i wait to re-submit, or how do I know if the ATO have the file? This will effect me supplying the final pay event for them..