STP ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it.

Pauline Rosevear
Pauline Rosevear Member Posts: 2
I have lodged my first STP and  received this error. ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it.  I rang the ATO and they have received the file and there was no problem with it.  I can't do the next payroll until this is fixed. Help!!!!!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I have had this message and yes it too had been received by ATO. There is no reason why you can’t continue with the next week
  • Pauline Rosevear
    Pauline Rosevear Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    Submit to the ATO - Business

Kris, when I go to continue I get this message

To submit a Full File Replacement report, a previous payrun report must have been successfully processed by the ATO

Then I can't continue

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Sorry no more suggestions at this stage
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Hi Pauline,
    Are you needing to send a Full File Replacement or are you attempting to submit a normal new pay event for the next normal payrun?

If so, don't select the Full File Replacement option. This is only to be used to completely replace the last SUCCESSFULLY submitted pay event. Because the previous pay event resulted in an error, the Full File Replacement option is not applicable in this situation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Terence
    Terence Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2019
    Hello, I am having issues for the last 2 weeks submitting to STP.

I am using Payroll premier.

Latest response is
    • ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it.
    This was for both the current pay run as well as the resubmitted pay run from last week.

Any ideas?

TP.

• Terence
    edited October 2019
    Sorry, my previous issue from last week was

Either the ATO is down or Reckon SBR is unavailable

if this helps at all.

TP.
  • Terence
    edited October 2019
    I have resubmitted both as a full file replacement as the only other option I have available is to "update a previously completed ATO submission or finalise year".

As the previous submissions have returned errors, I assume that they cannot be updated.

See what happens.

TP.
  • Terence
    edited October 2019
    Success!!! Why and how I have no idea????

I am just happy with a good result. Small victories.....