Can't delete pay run after undo

Options
Michael Wilson_10116624
Michael Wilson_10116624 Member Posts: 10
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I have pay runs that were finished but now need to deleted and recreated as they were created in error.

I have selected undo pay run and it gets stuck "processing" for 5 minutes.  The pay run eventually changes to draft mode but I get an error when I try to delete them.

I checked the payments and there are no payments associated with these pay runs but there are still a pay run journals associated with them that also can't be deleted.

This scenario has occurred on multiple pay runs that I needed to recreate and they are now in limbo.  I have pay runs that still have journal entries but can't be deleted.

This is very frustrating as this is not the first time this has occurred either

Comments

• Hawk
    Hawk Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You are not alone. I had this problem a few days ago. What I did was click finish payrun again and undo then delete. It took me a few tries before all the same payruns and journals to be deleted. Hope it works for you. Good luck.
  • Michael Wilson_10116624
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that approach at least 5 times but it hasn't worked.  Same error every time :(  
  • Hawk
    Hawk Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Please check the payment for that payrun is not under Unprocessed Tab. It has to be deleted too.
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I've checked the payments and there aren't any for the pay run
  • Kelly White
    Kelly White Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Did you resolve this problem as have the same issue

edited April 2020
    Options
    I did eventually work around this problem but it was hugely frustrated and ended up costing me endless hours trying to resolve.

I eventually found that there were quarterly super payments associated with the pay run that was paid on a completely different date to the pay run.  Once I found those super payments and deleted them I was able to delete the pay run and re-create it.

This issue is extremely frustrating as the pay run becomes completely corrupted and the only option is to find all payments, delete them, and then re-create the pay run from scratch.