Failed memo search report

Options
Peter Donahue_10685759
Peter Donahue_10685759 Member Posts: 4
I am using Accounts Personal Plus 2019. I am preparing for the end of the Australian tax year and so wanted to search for transfers into my superannuation bank accounts of concessional and non-concessional amounts. I am sure I have done this many times before but now I get an empty report despite knowing there is at least one transfer.

The process used is:
  1. Reports & Graphs centre button
  2. Spending tab; Itemised categories
  3. Year to date: Customise
  4. All accounts
  5. Categories tab (have also tried Payee tab, same result)
  6. "Concessional" in memo text box
  7. Show report

This gives an empty report but if I change only the memo text box entry to "GST", I get the appropriate report.

At stage 2 above, if I use Banking tab; Transactions; Year to date; Customise. Then Categories tab; "Concessional" in memo field; Show report, I get the appropriate report but can't figure out why this won't work under the Spending tab which is how I usually search.

Other search methods such as Find work even for "Concessional".

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Peter Donahue_10685759
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks David. As the failed search appears to be very word specific - agree, can't see how this could make a difference but it does - I have to assume this is some sort of bug in the programme. Some combination of the search configurations doesn't work, as I say in my post, if I search under the Banking tab in Reports & Garphs Centre, I get the appropriate report so looks like I need to run my searches this way but it is frustrating and not very satisfactory that I can't work out why using the Spending tab for reports doesn't provide the appropriate report.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Peter, you don't inadvertantly have a space in front of the work concessional do you?  Still trying to think about "why" this is happening to you.
    Can you delete the word in the memo from one of the trsactions, save the transactions.  Re-add the word and save the transaction again?
    Also if you have "split" information for this transaction, have you got "concessional" in the split screen of the transaction too?  Could you try this too please?
    Regards, Robyn
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    David - I think you have nailed it!!!  Peter I just tested this and by default an itemised category report EXCLUDES transfer transactions.  If you customise the report & go to Advanced tab and INCLUDE all Tranfers this report then includes those transactions that are transfers with the memo concessional.
    Well done David..!! 
  • Peter Donahue_10685759
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi David, yes, Robyn is correct, you have the answer. Changing the transfer option to "include all" works. Can't imagine why the default would be to exclude internal transfers so looks like I will have to remember to make this change everytime I want to capture internal transfers.

Thanks very much to you both
  • Peter Donahue_10685759
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks again, future searches may not be identical but I suppose I can always use "customise" in the recalled saved search routine to amend accordingly.