STP - 2020-21

Options
SteveKember
SteveKember Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Govconnect for STP -I have already been using this in the 2019-2020 year but now it doesn't allow me in and it is asking me to verify but it says that my ABN is already a registered user.  I have tried to follow the steps but leads me back to the same spot....

....I am now worried that in this process of doing this I am reading that it is saying last year figures need to be fixed, but how do you figure that out?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Sounds like you are signing into Gov Connect with a different user account?
  • SteveKember
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Would this mean like we use to sign in via Google but now we are signing in via Reckon?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Steve,
    When you were originally signing in, were you using the 'Sign in with Google' option? Or were you entering your email address+password to sign in?
    You just need to ensure that you are signing in with the same credentials and/or method that the account was first created with.

If you let me know the ABN that you've registered I can let you know the login method used.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SteveKember
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ABN used 19 137 189 130
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks Steve, your account has been created with the Google Single Sign On (SSO) method which just means that when you reach the login page, just hit the 'Sign in with Google' button to sign in rather than entering in a email address & password in the fields.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SteveKember
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav

Sorry there is no Google button on the sign in anymore.

• Rav
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ok right, I see what you mean. To provide a bit of context on this.
    Last week, the in-product browser within Hosted that usually directs to the Portal experienced an issue where it was bringing up a blank page error.
    I believe the team had to upgrade the browser version to rectify this problem however the Google CDN that allows for the 'Sign-in with Google' button has not been made available on this version of Internet Explorer.

So long story short, what you can do is open a separate tab on your browser and go to the Reckon Portal from here - https://portal.reckon.com/ 
    You'll be able to see all sign-in options from here including the Google option.

Let me know if you have any trouble or any questions.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav - does this mean that Hosted users who login separately so they can use the Google signin - will then need to download their STP files to their local drive in order to upload them?  (I am assuming that they wont have access to the B drive on Hosted if they login from their own browsers?)....

Given that this isnt a great long term solution - who do they migrate their login to the Reckon Portal from being a Google one to being a normal login?
  • Rav
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    Yes this method at the moment does mean that the JSON file needs to be downloaded from Hosted and so it can be sent to GovConnect separately.

Also, yes we can convert a login from the Google SSO method to just a normal registration type so that you can sign in from the in-product browser that Hosted is bringing up at the moment.