Merging an old customer with a new customer created under a head office customer account.

Options
Hayden Gleeson_10815762
Hayden Gleeson_10815762 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi Team, i appreciate any help i can get.

I have 3 customers under my customer centre that now need to be merged together. 1 of the 3 will become the Head Office and i need the other two under this Head Offices as separate branches.

I can easily re-create these by adding them as a Job but i then need to merge the current transaction history with the new created customer accounts. 

I hope that makes sense. ?

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Hayden,

I replied to your email as well but will also put a message here so anyone has the same issue can know that it can be done.

I understand that we can merge customers in QB by editing the name of the customer to the one we want to merge. However, it cannot be done when we want to merge a customer to a sub customer.

But, the good news is the SDK allows us to do so. And it is the most effective way to do. I can create a small utility that will merge these customers and the process can be done within a minute. The only requirement is that the file needs to allow to update historical data (disable closing date).

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au