when i updated my reckon personal it restored from an old version as my external hard drive was off

Options
Rik Wallin
Rik Wallin Member Posts: 2
When I recently updated my Reckon Personal it happened that the power cable had failed for the external hard drive where I store my backup.
When Reckon Personal installed it restored a twelve month old backup on my C: drive, so I've "lost" twelve months of transactions.
Although I've replaced the faulty power cable for the external hard drive and can see the bakup file I want to use, I can''t see how to restore it as Reckon Personal only shows me two backup options - the two most recent backups on my C: drive.
My thought is that I may have to delete Reckon Personal and re-install it, selecting the correct backup during the re-install process.

Help....

Rik 

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Doesn’t sound right to me but I don’t use that version, before you do anything drastic I would wait for a response from someone who knows more than I do 
  • Rik Wallin
    Rik Wallin Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Being short of time and somewhat impatient. I uninstalled Reckon Personal and reinstalled it. After several attempts I was eventually able to restore my most recent "correct" backup and I now have access to the correct information.
  • Annette_6969305
    Annette_6969305 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020
    Options