Quicken 2010 re-install Error Code 7123

Options
Cheryl5422
Cheryl5422 Member Posts: 2

Attempting to re-install Quicken 2010 on a new computer. Successfully downloaded the software from the link provided by Reckon Tech Support who also confirmed the Installation Key Code (IKC)

The software appears to install okay. Entered the IKC, attempts to contact the activation server then immediately displays the following error

I have full administration privileges' on the PC.

I need to have Quicken on the new PC as the old one is about to die.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I don’t know why they gave you the IKC and directions to download, because if Quicken 2010 follows the same road that Quickbooks 2010 has taken you won’t be able to activate it. They no longer support the older versions. This has caused a lot of misery for many people

• Cheryl5422
    Cheryl5422 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I used the following link https://www.reckon.com/au/product-activation/ which I found in another discussion.

Very helpful, I have managed to reinstall Quicken on the new computer and restored my data.

I was given a different product code and license key.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

That’s great news, clearly the registrations for Quicken are different to Reckon

• glendaclaire
    glendaclaire Member Posts: 3
    Options

I also contacted Reckon Chat and they were able to help me with a new Licence Key and that worked. Very Happy.