reckons accounts personal plus 2018 scheduled bills and deposits

Options
Ray Jennings
Ray Jennings Member Posts: 11

In the monthly Bills and Deposits section I have multiple entrees of the same status.

I am not able to delete edit or make any changes to remove these entries

Entries that only appear once work as entered with the correct information

These other multiple entries do nothing can anyone assist by telling me how to remove these entries.

I installed the current update to no avail.

I look forward to your replies

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 475 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Is it the scheduled bills that are in the scheduled list that are multiple or are these multiple transactions in a bank register?

If you click on the transaction are these transactions going from one account and in the category field is it going straight back into the same account? Are these transactions created from a scheduled bill or deposit?

Hope you understand my questions.

• Ray Jennings
    Options

Thank You Robyn,

I replied to your questions and included a screen shot of what was happening but it appears to have gone away.

So I will try to explain yes the transactions were created in Scheduled Bills

The transactions are multiple in the scheduled Bills and deposits section and also appear at the bottom of the bank register

What appears in the scheduled bills section under the headings

STATUS DUE DATE PAYEE AMOUNT SHOW IN LIST #LEFT METHOD HOW OFTEN

done none Amaysim -10.00 0 days before 0 payment only once

done none Regatta 0.00 0 days before 0 payment only once

Subway

many others all that changes is the Payee

STATUS DUE DATE PAYEE AMOUNT SHOW IN LIST #LEFT METHOD HOW OFTEN

An entry that works under the same headings above

BLANK A DATE TRANSFER -200.00 0 days before 0 PAYMENT ONLY ONCE

I HOPE YPOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT i AM TRYING TO SHOW YOU PITY THE SCREEN SHOT NEVER WORKED IT DID APPEAR IN THE TEXT CAPS LOCK ON said it had to be approved

Looking forward to your reply Kindest regards Ray

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 475 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2020
    Options

Are you wanting / needing these scheduled tranasctions to be entered or can they be deleted? My suggestion is to delete them and start again with the ones you do need.

• Ray Jennings
    Options

I need to delete them but this is not possible using the commands inside the scheduled bills section.

You can highlight the transaction but can not change it in any way.

when I opened your reply I saw my screen shot but now it is not there.

I have previously been able to add remove and edit as required and still can on single entries but not the multiple ones. I am not sure what happened to do this

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Options

Try a validate

1. To validate your data file, open a copy of your Reckon Accounts data file, choose File menu > File Operations > Validate, select the copy of the Reckon Accounts data file you want to validate, and click OK.
    2. If the Validate utility detects damage within the file, Reckon Accounts prompts you to view the data log in Notepad. The data log records which parts of your data were repaired. 

and a super validate

• Ray Jennings
    Options

Hi Robyn, Thank you much the SUPER VALIDATE fixed all my problems and cleared all those duplicated enteries.

My you stay safe and healthy throughout these awful times.

My sincere best wishes

Ray Jennings

• Ray Jennings
    Options

sadly when I opened reckon this morning all my unwanted entries have returned after I super validated the file I saved it and now open this file however I somehow have lost the link when I renamed the file and it does not longer open automatically when I open Reckon. After I rename the file it tells me it cannot find the file hence it cannot be renamed.

Is it possible to have a person in the area I can pay to come out and assist me?

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Options

I can help you remotely Ray - using Team Viewer. Just not available to hekp today though sorry.

Monday, Thursday or Friday next week.

Email me robyn@robynkelly.com.au to organise and confirm a time.