Can I duplicate invoice details (customer & ship to details) without memorising it

Options
43midget .
43midget . Member Posts: 13

can I duplicate invoice details (customer & ship to details) without memorising it or creating a customer account?.

I am trying to cut down on creating accounts, I want to place most with in a Cash Sales account, not create a job for each person (only for our monthly customers), but would like to retrieve and duplicate the info as the customer returns. Like you can with duplicating an Estimate, it is much easier than filling in all the relevant details, which can be very time consuming. I am in the automotive industry & I have customised the 'ship to' details for the vehicle details.

I am sorry in advance if this is a silly question, or I have missed a feature in Hosted, or I have not been clear in discribing my problem

Thanks you

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You can memorise the cash sale as to be entered 'never' and just call it up when necessary from the memorised transaction list. Or create the detailed item with the basics so you can select that item and change whatever is necessary

• 43midget .
    Options

that's a good idea, thanks, but i may as well create the customers, as the mem TX list would be too long.

Thank you

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

No you can memorise one with any name and then when you call it up to use it change name and any other details - it won’t create a new memorised one

• 43midget .
    Options

I don't think I'm explaining myself properly, sorry.

I have to transcribe the details of a previous customer & their vehicle details onto a new invoice when the re-book (sometimes 6 or 12 monthly due to industry COI's). I do not want to create a customer account, although they are returning customers, but only 2-4 times a year. I reserve my customer accounts to Fleets which I create a different job for each of their vehicles.

So, for the past 4 or 5 years, I have been recalling their last invoice to copy their address details, then create new invoice, then recall the old invoice to copy the vehicle details, then enter into new invoice, then recall old invoice to copy the other customised labels to the new invoice. It is just a little frustrating copying back & forth, & would be easier if I could duplicate the invoice, and then update any minor new changes. As I do in the estimates, I select an old estimate for the customer, then duplicate the master information, then adjust the details to the new estimate request.

I utilise the mem TX for re-occurring various transactions for other functions e.g. bills, invoices, payments etc...

I utilise the Templates for the different types of customers e.g. fleet, contract, various machinery etc..

thank you