Personal Plus 2021 - screen freezes

Hi all - was having various problems with previous laptop (including Reckon problem described below) so have just loaded Personal Plus 2021 on a new laptop. All good with the data but every few minutes the screen freezes then flickers for a few seconds and then returns to normal - but if you were entering a transaction it cancels your entry and you have to start again. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on possible causes/solutions? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mario_10087432
    Mario_10087432 Alumni Posts: 55

Hi @michmatt ,

Could you please tell me if this happens when you're running your laptop on battery or when plugged in (or both)?

Also did you notice a trend in this happening? For example, the screen flickers everytime you click on update share prices etc?

• michmatt
    michmatt Member Posts: 7

Hi @Mario,

I hadn't really paid attention as to whether or not I had the laptop on battery or not but just did a small 5 minute test and it does seem to happen when the laptop is plugged in but not when it is just on battery.

No trend was obvious - it will happen when I am entering a transaction or I'm not doing anything at all.

I will continue to try operating on just battery and let you know if this makes any difference.

Thanks.

• michmatt

Hi @Mario,

I have tested using Reckon operating the laptop on battery only for approximately 4 hours and had nil screen freezes and flickers - so there appears to be some connection with the battery versus accessing mains power. Not sure how/if this could be addressed, but at least I have a simple work around thanks to your suggestion.

Much appreciated.

Regards

michmatt

• Mario_10087432
    Mario_10087432 Alumni Posts: 55

Hi @michmatt

Thank you for testing on battery power.

1. Could you please check (when plugged in) if you experience freezes/flickers when you open your sample file too?
    2. If you're using Scaling, then please change it to 100%. Click here to read an article and check if it resolves your issue
    3. Also, can I suggest you try the following steps and remove your desktop wallpaper-

- Close Reckon Accounts Personal

- Right click the desktop background

- Select 'Personalize' to open the Preview page

- In the 'Background' field, select Solid colour;

- Close the screen.

- Launch Reckon Accounts Personal

Please let us know if any of these help resolve your issue

• michmatt

Hi @Mario

Have done as you requested and advise as follows:-

1. Using the Sample file made no difference
    2. I was using scaling (125% as my eyesight is poor). After setting it back to 100% and rebooting the screen freeze and flicker still persisted
    3. I returned the desktop background to Solid Colour (I had it on slideshow) and rebooted and tried again - and no screen freeze or flicker.
    4. I returned the settings back to 125% and rebooted and tried again - and no screen freeze or flicker

Seemingly the desktop background combined with the connection to mains power are the cause of the issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to try.

Regards

michmatt